House of Praise International Church (HOP) is committed to your spiritual and physical well-being, therefore, we have set up the following updated guidelines.
Are you excited to get back together, leave us a message below!
Effective Sunday, August 23rd, 2020 per the State of Ohio mandate given by Governor DeWine on July 22nd we are requesting all church members and guests to wear a mask upon entering the building.
Services will be at 9 am, 11 am and 1 pm with an hour in between to allow entrance and exit of people with safe distancing and the sanitizing of the building. Doors will open 15 to 20 minutes before the service. Please remain in your vehicles until the doors are open. There will be “Limited Seating” due to the restriction of social distancing.
We will implement temperature screenings for all volunteers and other team members serving during Sunday services. The screening will be done with touchless thermometers. All volunteers will be required to wear face-covering while serving. Anyone with a high temperature will not be allowed to serve.
All volunteers working with our children are required to wear face-covering over their nose and mouth. This will be a requirement in all the rooms where children are present.
Please do not attend church if you are feeling ill, have a high temperature, or are immune-compromised. If you, or anyone in your household, have exhibited COVID19 related symptoms in the last 14 days, please stay home.
When attending church please wear a mask, wash and sanitize your hands before entering the church facility. It is important to practice personal hygiene i.e. covering your mouth when coughing/sneezing.
Please understand these measures that we are taking are temporary and modifications will be made as the State of Ohio gets back to reopening the state.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
As we return to having church services we are happy and excited to come back together again! We hope you are too! We are encouraged by the many praise reports we have received during this season and we are in awe of the Lord’s faithfulness and goodness to us; for we know that our God cannot be quarantined! He is still working on our behalf!
As we reopen there will be some changes that we will have to get accustomed to, however, it is a small price to pay for the value of meeting together.
Heb 10:24 – 25 “And let us continue to consider how to motivate one another to love and good deeds, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another even more as you see the day of the Lord coming nearer.”
BUILDING ENTRANCE: Only the main and west entrances will be used to enter and exit. Our doors will open 15 to 20 minutes before the Worship Service.
- You will receive a warm friendly non-contact greeting. We kindly ask that you go immediately to the Sanctuary where you will be ushered to your seat.
- Seating arrangements will be modified to provide for social distancing. Those from the same household/group will be seated together. Ushers will also accommodate those not in a household/group.
- Ushers are instructed to seat people from the front to the back. When service is ended, we ask that you orderly exit from the back to the front following the Ushers instructions.
- Since there will be no congregating in the foyer, we kindly ask that you exit the church building to the parking lot. We appreciate your understanding.
Announcements will be on the screen as customary. The Cafe and the Welcome Center will remain closed. Please refer to our website and Church App for any updates and information www.hopchurch.org
Tithes & Offering:
- Online: You can give electronically through our website, Church App, or Text to Give
- Onsite: Your tithes and offering can be dropped off in the offering boxes placed by the doors as you enter/exit the sanctuary or mailed to 1875 N. Ridge Rd Suit C., Lorain, Ohio 44055.
SERVICE TIMES AND LOCATION
Online Church Services
As we begin to offer worship services in the building again. We want everyone to know that we will continue to provide the online “Live” church services as an option for those who are unable to attend.
Our services will be at 9 am, 11 am English and 1 pm Spanish. To enhance healthy safe distancing for those in attendance, our worship services will be shortened to one hour in order to facilitate cleaning the building in between services. This will ensure a wholesome, clean environment for the next worship service.
Please be understanding, during this time, as seating capacity will be “limited” due to the restriction of social distancing. Please remain in your vehicles until the doors are open.
The location of our worship services will be at our Lorain site.
We are one church with one heart, therefore, at this time we encourage all Oberlin campus members to join us at the Lorain Campus at the 9 am or 11 am service.
HEALTH SELF ASSESSMENT PRIOR TO ATTENDING
We are asking everyone to please certify before attending a church service that…
You are not feeling ill or have a high temperature.
Neither you nor anyone in your household, has exhibited COVID-19 related symptoms in the last 14 days.
You will practice personal hygiene i.e. covering your mouth when coughing/sneezing.
You will wash/sanitize your hands before entering the church facility.
In the event that you are unable to certify any of the above items, we ask that you would not attend a church service and consider joining us for Online Church at www.hopchurch.org
Thank you for your understanding.
In an effort to comply with the CDC guideline we are committed to your spiritual and physical well-being, therefore, we have set up these guidelines as we get ready to re-open. We will continue to evaluate and enhance our processes to ensure we have the highest standards of care. For the latest information on our commitment to you, please visit www.hopchurch.org.
- The Sanctuary, every room, and common areas will be sanitized before and after services. This includes but is not limited to chairs, tables, counters, doorknobs, and light switches e.g.
- Remove every non-essential item from all rooms and common areas to limit surfaces for potential contamination.
- Temporarily remove envelopes, pens, information cards, etc., from the backs of chairs.
- Seating in the Sanctuary will be reconfigured to promote safe distancing and a smaller more intimate seating capacity.
- The Welcome Center and the Cafe will be temporarily closed.
- We will post signs encouraging non-contact greetings. Smiles and waving hello is encouraged.
- The congregation will be notified about these guidelines and the preparedness of the facilities for their arrival via email, and social media, website, church app.
- We ask that anyone who is at high risk or is feeling ill to stay home and join us for our online service.
AMENITIES: COFFEE, WELCOME CENTER, AND HAND SANITIZER
The Cafe and Welcome Center will be closed until further notice.
We will be providing hand sanitizer throughout the church and strongly recommend the use of the restroom facilities for the washing of hands.
Regarding the use of the restroom facilities, be advised there will be a limited capacity of 5 for the women’s and 4 for the men. Due to this limited capacity, we ask that you quickly exit after thoroughly washing your hands, thank you for your understanding.